Comfort Health | Providing wellness programs in Rochester, MN and surrounding areas
The birds are singing, the grass is greening up, and the days are becoming warmer and longer. What a sweet relief it is to finally welcome spring to the Midwest after a record-setting winter of snow, ice, and cold temperatures!
If taking a walk around the block or in the park to enjoy the sights and smells of spring sounds good, but you or a loved one need some assistance to do so, the caring folks at Comfort Health of Rochester, MN, can help. That’s because assisting with a stroll is just one of the many services offered via Comfort Health’s Wellness Program, a cost-effective alternative to full-time facility placement or to hiring a 24-hour-a-day caregiver.
The goal of our home-based Wellness Program is to help keep you in your own home, while adding supportive services to increase or maintain your level of independence. The following is a brief synopsis of the services offered through the program:
- Remote Home Monitoring: Basic vital-sign information can be immediately transferred from your home to our office, where a nurse will review it using special equipment. Based on your specific care needs, we can offer blood pressure monitors, oxygen saturation readers, peak flow meters, glucose meters and scales.
- Medication Management: Our registered nurses, working together with your physician, will conduct comprehensive medication reviews. After a review we will work with you to determine the specific medication management program that is best suited for your personal needs.
- Home Safety and Falls Prevention Program: To help you stay safe, a vital part of remaining independent, we evaluate you by utilizing the Falls Risk Assessment & Screening Tool. This tool assesses potential environmental hazards, medications that may affect balance, daily physical activity, vision impairment, and mood. If safety risks are noted during the assessment, intervention will be implemented to decrease the chances of falling.
- Companion Care: Our caring professionals are available to provide you with companionship and emotional support. Services include accompaniment to medical and non-medical appointments, assistance arranging transportation, activities, reading, listening, and going for walks. Hands-on care, such as assistance with bathing or toileting, is not part of companion care.
- Homemaking: We’ll cheerfully and efficiently help you with a number of household chores including changing bed linens, dusting, laundry, meal preparation, mopping floors, sweeping, vacuuming and washing dishes