July 11 is “National Cheer Up the Lonely Day.” Although this may seem a little silly, there are many seniors that need some assistance with day-to-day activities and social interaction that comes with growing older. Comfort Health in Rochester, MN provides in-home companionship for seniors so that “National Cheer Up the Lonely Day” can be every day.
If you have a loved one who is growing in age and needs some supportive conversation, social interaction and outings, and encouragement, companion care services offer many benefits:
- Friendly and supportive conversation. Growing old can be lonely and having the peace of mind that someone is available for regular conversation can be encouraging and reassuring.
- Emotional support. Just knowing that a professional is available and nearby for emotional support of a senior can go a long way for the family as well as the client.
- Social activities. Getting involved in social activities that are interesting to the senior is important for their well-being.
- Light exercise. Going for walks or doing a light exercise program helps to stay alert and fit.
- As we grow older, it becomes more difficult to get to both medical and non-medical appointments. Companion services help to arrange transportation and accompany the senior to both medical and non-medical appointments.
- Monitor senior’s care, safety, and well-being. Handling household tasks can be difficult. Companion services assist with these duties and monitor the senior’s safety and well-being.
We all need a little encouragement from day-to-day and having a friend or professional’s help is important and welcomed. At Comfort Health in Rochester, MN, we understand how growing older can be lonely, discouraging, and difficult at times. That’s why we provide companion care to ease the burden on the family, give the peace-of-mind that a caregiver is present, and provide social interaction and assistance with some of the day-to-day activities. Our trained and professional staff is available to provide the best companion care possible through individualized services. Contact us today by calling (507) 281-2332 or visit us here! Our “National Cheer Up the Lonely Day” is every day with companion services.